Twenty-seven administrators responded to the survey. The administrators would like to
- see no time limits placed on the tests* that teacher candidates must take,
- have bilingual personnel at MDE to help shepherd non-native English speakers through the licensure process,
- have universities and colleges offer test preparation courses to help candidates who, in particular, are non-native speakers of English or have not been through the American school system,
- see MDE honor out of state and out of country teaching licenses,
- see the introduction of a limited license for immersion teaching only that might be suitable for non-native English speakers who never expect to teach in an English-speaking classroom
*It should be noted that a waiver for testing already exists; teachers and principals need to know to ask for it.