Robbinsdale Area Schools is seeking experienced bilingual and biliterate teachers committed to equity and closing the opportunity gap to teach in the district’s middle school Spanish immersion program at Plymouth Middle School.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Foster an educational environment conducive to the learning and maturation process of assigned students; plans an instructional program designed to meet individual student needs and whole groups which may include at risk or special needs students.
- Use necessary and appropriate instructional methods and materials, which are culturally relevant and suited to the well-being of the students and to the nature of the learning activities, program and curriculum involved.
- Attend ongoing professional learning and continue to demonstrate professional growth through study and experimentation to remain current in methods and techniques for instruction.
- Establish and implement, in a positive and supportive manner, classroom policies and procedures for governing student behavior and conduct; provide guidance, counseling and discipline to encourage students to meet standards of achievement and conduct; make referrals for assistance where appropriate.
- Confer with students, parents or guardians and other staff, maintaining an open positive relationship as appropriate to provide guidance and evaluation, and to encourage student achievement.
- Establish classroom goals and objectives, in alignment with courses of study specified by Minnesota and school district statutes, regulations and guidelines; evaluate and record student progress; prepare reports for parents or guardians.
- Work collaboratively with building and district staff to develop the instructional program for the Spanish Immersion Program Pathway.
- Direct the activities of assigned non-licensed personnel.
- Collect and interpret a variety of data; provide reports for administrative purposes.
- Serve on staff committees as required.
- Perform related tasks consistent with the scope and responsibility of the position.
- Represent the Spanish Immersion Program at community and school events.
- Demonstrate effective knowledge of and is sensitive to the needs of a diverse student population.
- Familiar with second language acquisition and pedagogy.
- Experience with content based language and literacy instruction.
- Deliver standards based instruction.
- Hold a valid Minnesota licensure (5-12) or endorsement (5-8) in Social Studies
- Native or native-like proficiency in Spanish (ACTFL Advanced / Superior Levels)
- Middle school teaching experience - preferred
- Previous experience in an Immersion or Dual Language program - preferred